Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Review: Fragonard Perfumes

I've seen the Fragonard store in Plaza Indonesia and always wanted to get their perfumes since I'm such a sucker for pretty packaging. 
Look how pretty the store is!


I decided to go buy a perfume today and started sniffing. Most of the scents are unimpressive to me. They smell ordinary and lack complexity. Many even smell like room sprays. Two stood out and I had to do a skin test to see how the fragrances morph so here's my review for the scents:

Mimosa

Image courtesy of: http://fimgs.net/

First Impression: It's a sharp, fresh scent with green notes. Smells like crisp, clean linens and I was definitely drawn in. 

5 min in: It starts smelling rather flat. The smell reminds me of a spa. Starting to think this is a smell I rather spray in my room or on linens, not on my skin. 

20 min in: Ok, now I'm getting a minty licorice smell that's almost medicinal.  

30 min in: I'm now getting a chemical-ish scent...I smell like a sterile room with notes of melted bubble gum. 

Over an hour in: Help. It smells like melted plastic blown up. I don't even..

Bleu Riviera

Image courtesy of: http://fimgs.net/

First impression: On the bottle, it just smells like summer -citrus & fresh water. Love! Upon spraying, there's some undertones of a dirty, earthy smell. I smell like a dude hiding bad BO with perfume instead of showering. 

5 min in: The BO smell is gone, thank gods. It's now a pretty alluring, masculine scent. Still smelling the citrusy notes but the cool water scent is stronger. 

20 min in: It's actually a pleasant scent now, more unisex. I think I may get this.  

30 min in: Never mind, the chemical-ish smell popped out. It's not unpleasant, but the smell reminds me an upscale toilet. Hey, at least it's upscale. 

Over an hour in: There's a bit of a powdery undertone coming out, but I still smell like a toilet. Ok, more like a toilet powder room in an upscale place. You know, where you smell puffs of powder from old ladies powdering their face? Still more bearable than Mimosa, which is giving me a headache right now

Overall Review


5/10: Will never buy. I'm still giving them an average rating because I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and I can see these scents smelling great as a room/toilet spray. Definitely not wearable. 


And this is why it's so important to test out how the perfume smells on your skin.

5 comments:

  1. you must try belle de nuit its one of their best 5 scent

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must try belle de nuit its one of their best 5 scent

    ReplyDelete
  3. So have the best fragrance but with a bit of care Market trends around the globe clearly show an increased interest in the perfume and fragrance market. sParfum Laura Biagiotti


    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really your Blog is amazing and very informative keep posting this valuable information.For more Info check here about!!
    luxury perfumes for women

    ReplyDelete