Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2014

IMAM Gift Exchange!

I participated in the IMAM gift exchange and got Cheryl from Midsummer Dreams Apothecary as my exhange partner! Woot!

So pretty!
I felt so bad when I saw this because I have a huge confession...I didn't wrap my gifts up. I figured I suck too much at it, so I kinda gave up on it. Now I feel so bad. Here's the gifts unwrapped:

She's so generous! Omg!


And you can guess what I did with the sticker!

I love it!

Ok, so I got a vial of Dragon's Blood as a single note from her, since I discovered I tend to like scents with Dragon's Blood in them, but have no idea what it smells like. Googling descriptions also left me confused.

Here's from Brambleberry:

This mysterious, alluring blend is difficult to describe. With warming notes of amber, incense, Madagascar vanilla and patchouli, our Dragon' s Blood Fragrance Oil is lightened up with layers of romantic notes such as rose, jasmine and lilac. Finally, our sensual, deep blend is topped off with the colorful, light touches of blood orange and grapefruit. 

From Crafter's Choice:

Luxurious blend of amber and myrrh with cozy sandalwood and patchouli.

From CandleScience:

A year round favorite, Dragon's Blood is a potent and earthy fragrance infused with cedarwood, orange and patchouli essential oils. The scent combines sweet and spicy notes to form a sophisticated complex blend.

Yup. Looks like it's a note like amber, where everyone has their own proprietary blend. I'm guessing the one I got is from Brambleberry, because it smells like an Indonesian woody smell. If you've gone to Indonesia, you'll know what I'm talking about. It smells like a spicy, slightly aged wood, but has a sweet, rounded floral touch to it. The scent just takes you to Bali and it makes me instantly nostalgic. If you've fallen in love to Bali, watch out for Dragon's Blood notes, especially from Midsummer Dreams Apothecary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment