Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2014

Subscription Box: Hello Waffle's November 2014 Visage Box

I recently subscribed to the Hello Waffle Visage box and only got my box 2 days ago. The packaging is AWESOME. I couldn't stop myself from squealing constantly from excitement. Christine seriously put a lot of effort into this. Check out how it arrived!





Here's what I got in the box:
  • Hello Waffle Full-Size Eyeshadows (Beast, Eight Days, Garden): $6 each
  • Hello Waffle Halfling-Size Blush (Winter Rose): $5.25
  • Life's Entropy's Lip Theory (Tundra): $8
Total Value: $31.25


So exciting!

Tundra Lip Theory

Check out the label art!


The box is definitely worth it, for $25 including international shipping, you get $30+ worth of products (not including shipping)! I love how Christine takes shipping prices into account. A lot of subscription boxes are not worth it for international customers thanks to international shipping, but this definitely is.

So here's the TAT:

  • Payment: 29th of each month
  • Shipped: Nov 13
  • Received: Dec 3


Now this is my small complaint. I kind of wish that Christine will prioritize customers based in Asia/Australia/NZ since shipping all the way here takes a longer time. That means that by the time we get our Visage Boxes, the discount code we got have expired. I also got charged for next month's box before I even received my first box. Luckily, I've seen tons of reviews for the Visage boxes, so I know the boxes will be worth it. For people who may not see the reviews, I can see it being pretty scary getting charged for a 2nd box before you can see the 1st box to decide whether or not you'd like to continue your subscription. 

Based on posts on /r/indiemakeupandmore, I know some people got their Visage boxes shipped out 29 days ago on Nov 4. It's just 9 days earlier but that means receiving your box on Nov 24 and having the time to use your coupon or decide on whether or not you should continue your subscription.

Anyway, here are swatches!

Hello Waffle Eyeshadows in Garden, Eight Days & Beast


All done under natural light. There was enough sun so I didn't need an artificial light to capture the shimmer in Garden.
The glitter glue is Darling Girl's Glitter Glue, the primer is UDPP


Hello Waffle Blush in Winter Rose


Under natural light, blended into a gradient to show how blendable it is.
This blush is so easy to blend! This is over bare skin, since I assume most people will not be foiling blushes over their face or using primers/glitter glues. A lot of the shimmer falls off against bare skin, but when I use it on my face over my BB cream, it has a subtle highlighting effect. Extremely pretty!

Life's Entropy's Lip Theory in Tundra



Under natural light

So you know how lip theories last forever on you? So here's my November 2014 Visage Box FOTD: 


 Left is how it looks on first application, right  is after breakfast. Barely a change (besides looking less wet) in the lip colour.

Oh, and I cheated for this FOTD. My dermatologist ordered me not to put anything on my face to detox, but the blush looked so pretty, I had to try it out. And since I'm using a blush, might as well use my BB cream. Here's more of the FOTD:

Products:


  • Dior Hydralife BB Cream (Luminous Beige)
  • MUS Cover All Concealer
  • Hello Waffle Eyeshadows (Beast, Eight Days, Garden)
  • Hello Waffle Blush (Winter Rose)
  • Life's Entropy's Lip Theory (Tundra)
  • Maybelline Falsies Mascara
  • Fiberwig Mascara


And the eye close up:


This is how much is hidden under my monolids


4 comments:

  1. The colors in this one are great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I was able to grab a tube of Tundra. It looks like a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you did! It's so sad it's not turning into a permanent colour!

      Delete